At The Pediatric Center we care for all aspects of our patient's lives. We understand that everyone needs a little help now and then.
- Boulder Community Health Parenting Support: new parent support, including car seat fitting, lactation services and the breastfeeding club (which provides support and assistance to breastfeeding mothers).
- YWCA of Boulder: new parenting classes
- Child Find: a program to help identify children having difficulty in their development and to provide services to them when appropriate. provides assistance without charge to families who live in the Boulder Valley School District.
- Teen Clinic: a sexual health clinic that is limited to teenagers. All services at Teen Clinic are free or low-cost and completely confidential.
- Colorado Peak: an online service for Colorado residents to screen and apply for medical, food, cash and child care assistance programs.
- Connect for Colorado: healthcare insurance exchange.
- Boulder County, Children, Youth and Family Services: information on licensed child care centers, nanny services, summer camps, preschools, babysitters, etc. Financial assistance for child care.
- Boulder County, Children with Special Needs: support, information and services for families with children with special needs
- Boulder County Dept of Housing and Human Services: assistance with Health Coverge, Food Assistance, Family & Children Services, Housing and Financial Assistance.
- Nurse-Family Partnership: assists first-time parents with parenting skills, limited to low-income families.
- Boulder County Safehouse: a safe place for abused, battered women and their children.
- Blue Sky Bridge: support services for child victims of physical and sexual abuse and non-offending family members.
- Boulder Emotional Wellness: affordable pyschotherapy for trauma, depression, relationships, grief, anxiety, divorce, post-partum depression etc.
- Mental Health Partners: comprehensive psychiatric services for residents of Boulder and Broomfield counties regardless of their abiltiy to pay.
- Boulder County Legal Services: provides vulnerable, low-income families with legal assistance.
- Mother's Milk Bank: a Colorado-based, nonprofit program benefiting women and babies nationwide by collecting, pasteurizing, analyzing and distributing donor human milk to nearly 160 hospitals in state and nationwide.
- Child Safety Resource Guide: comprehensive list of sites dedicated to child safety
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
- Centers for Disease Control
Behavorial and Mental Health Resources for At Home Use
Work Books for School Age Kids:
- What to do When your Brain Gets Stuck by Dawn Huebner (a work book for kids with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- What to do When you Worry too Much: A Kid's guide to overcoming Anxiety by Dawn Huebner
- What to do When your Temper Flares: A Kid's guide to overcoming problems with Anger by Dawn Huebner
- What to do When you Grumble too much: A Kid's guide to Overcoming Negativity by Dawn Huebner
- What to do When Mistakes Make you Quake: A Kid's guide to Accepting Imperfection by Claire Freeland & Jacqueline Toner
- What to do When It's Not Fair: A Kid's guide to Handling Envy and Jealousy by Claire Freeland & Jacqueline Toner
- What to do When you Feel Too Shy: A Kid's guide to Overcoming Social Anxiety by Claire Freeland & Jacqueline Toner
- What to do When you Don't Want to by Apart: A Kid's Guide to Overcoming Seperation Anxiety by Kristen Lavellee & Silvia Schneider
- What to do When you Dread your Bed: A Kid's Guide to Overcoming Problems with Sleep by Dawn Huebner
- What to do When Bad Habits Take Hold: A Kid's Guide to Overcoming Nail Biting and More by Dawn Huebner
Work Books for Older Kids (8-13 years old)
- Out Smarting Worry: An Older Kid's Guide to Managing Anxiety by Dawn Huebner
- Your Happiest You: The Care and Keeping of Your Mind and Spirit by Judy Woodburn
- Frazzled: Everyday Disasters and Impending Doom by Booki Vivat
- Too Perfect by Trudy Ludwig (ages 6-9)
- Anxiety Relief for Kids: On-the-Spot Strategies to help our child overcome worry, panic and avoidance by Bridget Flynn Walker
- Helping Your Anxious Child: A Step-by-Step Guide for Parents by Ronald Rapee, Ann Wignall & Susan Spence
- Anxious Kids, Anxious Parents: 7 Ways to Stop the Worry Cycle and Raise Courageous and Independent Children by Reid Wilson & Lynn Lyons
Children's Books to Read Together:
- When My Worries get too Big: A Relaxation Book for Children who live with Anxiety by Kari Dunn Buron
- Up and Down the Worry Hill: A Children's Book about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and it's Treatment by Aureen Pinto Wagner
- Wilma Jean The Worry Machine by Julia Cook
- Wemberly Worried by K. Henkes
Work Books for Teens
- The Anxiety Survival Guide for Teens: CBT Skills To Overcome Fear, Worry, and Panic by Jennifer Shannon
- The Anxiety Workbook for Teens: Activities to Help You Deal with Anxiety and Worry by Lisa M. Schab
- The Shyness and Social Anxiety Workbook for Teens: CBT and ACT Skills to Help You Build Social Confidence by Jennifer Shannon
- The Panic Workbook for Teens: Breaking the Cycle of Fear, Worry and Panic Attacks by Debra Kissen, Bari Goldman Cohen & Kathi Fine Abitbol
- The Relaxation and Stress Reduction Workbook for Teens: CBT Skills to Help You Dean with Worry and Anxiety by Michael A. Tompkins & Jonathan R. Barkin
- Beyond the Blues: A Workbook to Help Teens Overcome Depression by Lisa M Schab
- The Anger Workbook for Teens: Activities to Help You Deal with Anger and Frustration by Raychelle Cassada Lohmann
- Mindfulness for Teen Anger: A Workbook to Overcome Anger and Aggression Using MBSR and DBT Skills by Mark C. Purcell & Jason R Murphy
- Self Esteem Workbook for Teens by Lisa M Schab
- Don't Let Your Emotions Run Your Life for Teens, Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills for Helping You Manage Mood Swings, Control Angry Outbursts, and Get Along with Others by Sheri VanDijk
- The Bullying Workbook for Teens: Activities to Help You Deal with Social Aggression and Cyberbulling by Raychelle Cassada Lohmann & Julia V Taylor
- Stand Up for Yourself and Your Friends: Dealing with Bullies and Bossiness and Finding a Better Way by Patty Kelley Criswell
- The Perfectionism Workbook for Teens: Activities to Help You Reduce Anxiety ang Get Things Done by Anne Marie Dobosz MA MFT
Websites and Apps
- Coping Skills for Kids Click Here
- Anxiety Free (free apps on iphone)
- Nature Sounds: Relax and Sleep (free app on android)
- Free Relaxing Nature Sounds and Spa Music (free on iphone)
- Calm (free app on iphone and android)
- Breathe2Relax (free app on iphone and android)
- Anxietyhelper (free on iphone, designed to help with anxiety and depression)
- Headspace (free on iphone and android, designed for mindfulness and meditation)
- Color Therapy app (free on iphone)
- Mightier.com Bioresponsive tablet games to teach emotional self-regulation. From Harvard Medical School and Boston Children's Hospital. Click Here (program involves biofeedback and working with a therapist online, there is a fee for service but can do a free trial)